Sunday, January 1, 2012

Wisdom Teeth Extraction

My 2nd wisdom tooth is removed last Thursday. It is a very freaky process but not painful at all. The best part is that I don't need to do any more of these tooth removal procedures in the near future. The worst part is that I can only eat soft food for these few days to prevent inflammation.

But why "teeth" in the title? It is because three months ago, in October 2011, I removed my first wisdom tooth and weird enough, I was braver on my first wisdom tooth removal operation. Beats my to figure out why that happened.

And here is a short list of what happened during my 2nd Wisdom tooth removal:

1. Lie down on the operation bed.
2. The dentist puts a medicine on the side of my mouth.
3. The dentist injects anesthetics into blood vessels in my mouth. I am also required to eat several pills, mostly analgesics.
4*. Faints (Just kidding)
4. The dentist use a small drill to "make the tooth smaller" as he said.
5. The dentist use a stick thingy to push the tooth until it breaks into smaller pieces.
6. Repeat Step 4 and Step 5 for 10 mins.
7. The dentist use a larger drill to do something in my mouth. (I can't see)
8. Repeat Step 4, 5 and 7 for 5 mins.
9. The dentist use a clamp to pull out the tooth.
10. The dentist use a string to tie the spot where the tooth is located.
11. DONE


That should be all about it, the only thing that freaks me out is when the dentist use the large drill to do something in my mouth. During that period all that I hear is the sound that is usually heard when your neighbor is refurnishing their house. You know, the sound that is formed when you are drilling a hole in the wall.


The whole process took less than 45 minutes, but as you can see, I survived and lived to tell you this story and I also came to the conclusion that wisdom tooth removal is not as scary as it seems, not until you experience it first hand. 



And also as a side note, a very Happy New Year to everyone who read this post.



P/S: I actually asked the dentist for the remnants of my tooth and it is now in my home. Though I am still thinking what should I do with it. The only thing that I can say about the tooth is that it is very creepy as there are holes and cracks everywhere. (Thanks to the drill) But still you can take it home as a sign that you survived the wisdom tooth removal operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment