Thursday, February 2, 2012

Yet another afternoon wasted...

And I thought I was the only one who thinks that the welcome party for each society in CHKL is stupid.

Poor coordination, little response, minimum support and numerous chit-chat.*Not to mention maximum chaos

What a party that was when the teacher-in-charge had to stand up and yell into the microphone to keep everyone under control. And the "mini-game" that was implemented at the end of the whole ceremony, it was a total failure. Trust me, you cannot keep 100+ students that were stuck in a lame old auditorium in check when you keep them overtime and forcing them to do random gestures and lame IQ questions that everyone knew. Oh yeah, did I mention that some society members were already sleeping or playing with their smartphones? Nobody cares. The teacher already got their hands full by listening to the lame old gibberish repeated every single year and forced to give a short-but-meaningful speech by the society chairman. Basically, a short event that can be finished in 1 hour is extended for an extra 30 minutes. Other than the reasons I list above, the over repetition of "Any questions?" and "Are you sure?" or sometimes "Should I repeat that once more?" was another major contributor to the extended time period for the event.

If you ask me what is the best part of the whole party? Well, I would say the part where they announced that the party is over, and thank heavens for that. I cannot stand another year of this, but luckily this is my last year and I will be thankful for that.

Sorry for the major ranting. Another reason that I ranted is because I accidentally wasted a DVD-R when trying to burn a disc using my computer after I went home from the party. Guess I wasn't in a good mood when I burned the disc. But nevertheless, I hope this is my last experience in a poorly-planned event. I hope the next major event in my society will improve by a large bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment